A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition malpositioned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
Sunset Periodontics & Implant Dentistry
5 out of 5 stars based on 1 Bite Adjustment reviews.
I was in competent, caring, kind hands. Dr. Mize and staff treated me an individual, immediately recognizing that I needed very little sedation. The procedures have gone smoothly and recovery has been fast and relatively painless. I highly recommend Dr. Mize and staff for periodontic work.
- jane e
5 out of 5 stars by jane e on