Introducing Dr. Mize’s
OptiMized Implant Treatment
- 🦷Board-Certified in Periodontology & Implant Surgery by the American Academy of Periodontology
- 🦷Post-Doctoral Clinical Instructor @ Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- 🦷Clinical Assistant Professor @ Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University
- Owner at Sunset Periodontics & Implant Dentistry which has always been privately and independently owned
Dental Implant Cost:
- The national average of a single dental implant (screw into the jaw) or the “tooth root” of this procedure, can be anywhere between $2,000 to $3,000. However, the dental implant is only one piece of the cake as you will also need an abutment, crown and possibly a bone graft procedure.
- The national average of the abutment used for mounting the crown costs between $300 to $500.
- There will be additional costs if you need a bone graft depending on the strength and density of your jaw or a tooth extraction prior to your dental implant.
- For an additional cost, we offer the option of Intravenous Sedation (IV), also referred to as Dental Intravenous Anesthesia, or “Twilight Sedation,” for your periodontal or dental implant therapy. This is what sets our office apart from other dental practices; it is our niche if you will. IV sedation will essentially help alleviate the anxiety associated with your treatment. You may not always be asleep, but you will be comfortable, calm and relaxed, drifting in and out of sleep – a “twilight sleep”.
- For example, if you need a tooth extraction, bone graft, dental implant, and IV sedation, your total cost could be as much as $6,000 for a dental implant. It does NOT include the crown (which is the part of the implant that looks like a tooth) as your general dentist or doctors that we work with (they are the best in town!) will take care of the crown which could end up costing between $1,000 and $3,000 according to www.dentalimplantcostguide.com.
Special Offers for Our Dental Implant Patients:
- When you schedule your implant treatment with Dr. Mize, we will credit the cost of the 3D x-ray (if you paid the fee to our office during your initial exam) back to your account which can then be applied towards your implant treatment plan. 3D x-ray fees vary and we ask that you pay for the 3D x-ray on the day that the x-ray is taken. To redeem this offer, the procedure should be initiated within 3 months (90 days) from the day that your x-ray was taken.
- We offer low- and no-interest financing options through the Lending Club and Alphaeon as well as CareCredit. Also, no-interest in-house payment options are available for dental implant patients with down payments.
- For an additional cost, we offer the option of Intravenous Sedation (IV), also referred to as Dental Intravenous Anesthesia, or “Twilight Sedation, (twilight sleep)” for their periodontal or dental implant therapy.
Dr. Mize uses the 3Shape Trios Color Digital Impression System to create a digital model of your teeth. A digital impression provides an alternative to traditional impressions that no longer requires the use of trays and impression materials that can cause gagging. A digital impression involves a wand that takes several hundred pictures in the span of less than a minute and stitches them together to create a 3D image of your teeth and gums. This 3D model can then be merged with your 3D x-ray and your implant case can be planned with a surgical guide 3D printed that will ensure the most accurate and precise placement of your implant.
- We only use the highest quality dental implants available in the industry today. Straumann, BioHorizons and Zimmer Biomet are three of the top implant companies in the world!
Dental Insurance: Because we are not a participating provider for specific insurance companies (including Medicare and Medicaid), we are open to see all patients regardless of insurance benefits. Also, we will process all insurance claims on behalf of our patients to maximize benefits and expedite payments to patients.
Our fees are not dictated by any third party. We recommend treatment based on what each patient really needs to achieve their health, not a set norm based on the masses. We keep our fees as low as reasonably possible based on costs and our time with patients. We eliminate surprises by providing a written plan before you start treatment. Together, we choose what is best for your oral health based on your individual goals.